People all over Maharashtra celebrate the Gudi Padwa festival, also known as Padwa, as the Marathi Hindu New Year. It is known as Ugadi in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh, and Cheti Chand among the Sindhis.
Why Gudi Padwa is Celebrated?
The first day of the Hindu calendar’s Chaitra month is important for two reasons: it marks the beginning of spring, and according to the Brahma Puran, Lord Brahma recreated the world on this day after a huge deluge destroyed it. That explains why Hindus hold the festival in such high regard.
Which States Celebrate Gudi Padwa?
Gudi Padwa is a Marathi famous festival that commemorates the Marathi New Year. People all over Maharashtra celebrate Gudi Padwa, which is also known as Padwa. Padwa is derived from the Sanskrit term pratipada, which denotes the first day of a lunar fortnight. The people of Pune and Maharashtra celebrate this festival with great joy and enthusiasm. On this special day, they use powder colors, flowers, and petals to create rangoli on the floor of their homes.
Gudi Padwa is quickly approaching, and you’re planning a fun party with friends and colleagues at the workplace. But you’re always stumped as to how to make things stand out from the previous year.
Here, 10 Gudi Padwa Celebration ideas & activities 2021 at the workplace
1. Ring in the Gudi Padwa with Positivity
Welcome the coming year afresh with the virtual pooja in a Marathi New Year style and will enjoy the festive spirit together.
2. Cultural Fashion Show
Gear up the festive celebration in your best Marathi dress with the right look to offer yourself grace and show off your cultural richness as we create a virtual photo booth for the Gudi Padwa celebration
3. Live Lavani Fever on!
Experience the culture and tradition of Maharashtra as we bring you a professional Lavani dance expert to set your mood with entertainment and dance along with the powerful rhythm to celebrate Gudi Padwa like never before.
4. Word Game
Whoever creates the most words out of the letters in Happy Gudi Padwa!, wins!
5. Kuch Meetha Ho Jaye
Tempt your taste buds with some Marathi mithai for the Gudi Padwa celebration.
6. Request A Song
Turn on the flashlights of your cell phone, and jam along as we play the best songs for the Marathi new year celebration.
– Bring on your special requests and our professional musician will sing it for you.
7. Feed Your Happiness
Get yourself a buffer by snacking on with the homemade treats.
8. Flaunt Traditional Swag
Dress up in traditional attire and flaunt it with your best live selfie to begin the Marathi New Year with swag.
9. Live Origami Gudi Padwa Decoration (DIY)
Learn spring craft ideas for your home decor or beauty your pooja room with interesting DIYs and usher the Marathi new year into your home.
10. Dance on Dhol Beats
The last few minutes of the party are all about dancing by showing off the power and heritage of Maharashtra culture.
Here’s how you can get a Gudi Padwa Festivals Celebration Party absolutely Free*:
Register on our website
Or contact Arjun from our team, +91 7973 432360, and get this party absolutely free*
– Super fun icebreaker games with a twist and flavor of Gudi Padwa
|Go Ethnic Fashion Show
– Say Cheese!- Pose with your best smile as we create a virtual Photobooth for the Gudi Padwa celebration
|Live Lavani Folk Dance Performance
– Experience the culture and tradition of Maharashtra as we bring you a professional Lavani dance expert- Don’t just sit back and relax, dance along!
– Guess it! Get it! Flaunt it!- A super fun game with a flavor of Gudi Padwa to it
|Folk Masti Live Musical Concert
– Turn on the flashlights of your cellphone, and jam along as we play the best songs from the 90s and 80s for your team- Bring on your special requests, and our professional musician will sing it for you
|Kuch Meetha Ho Jaye
|Live Dhol Performance
– The last few minutes of the party are all about dancing- Leave behind your inhibitions and dance on Dhol Tasha